Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Coming Soon To eBay…

The prototype Highline Improv electric guitar is finished and will be up for auction on eBay very soon. Probably late Sunday, May 15th. Despite the change in direction with the concept, name and execution, I'm really happy with the result. I ended up using a single humbucker wound to around 8.5 Ohms. The goal was to achieve as wide a tonal range as possible while still having the ability to drive an amp to distort if desired. I would characterize this guitar as ideally suited to jazz, blues, country and old-school rock. You could get metal tones with the right pedal, but in the end, I think you'd want to swap out the pickup for something a little hotter. At any rate, checkout the photos of the finished guitar. Not sure if I'll offer plans, but if there seems to be enough interest, I'll add them to the order page.




No comments:

Post a Comment