Monday, February 20, 2012

A Great Guitar Is Only As Good As The Templates Used To Make It


I've said before that the quality of your build is directly linked to the quality of your templates. Cut corners here and you will see the results in a poorly shaped body and neck. One way to guarantee quality and save time is to have a set of templates made for you. I sent a copy of my vector plan to Guitar Building Templates and had owner Ronny cut a set for my new line of guitars. For a very reasonable price, he sent me templates for two guitars made out of a material that is much harder than the MDF boards I usually work with. Best of all, they were made on a CNC cutter, so the quality is perfect.

If you don't want to spend time making and perfecting your own templates, I encourage you to order a set from Ronny. Money well spent and precious time saved.


No comments:

Post a Comment