Friday, March 9, 2012

Dressing Up Some Frets

Today, I finished fretting a pair of Highline Envirocaster necks. I used a crowning file to reduce the high spots and to round over the fret ends. Then, I used a triangular dressing file to fine tune the ends. To remove the file marks, I wrapped my crowning file with some 400 grit sand paper and lightly sanded each fret. Finally, I rubbed each fret with some 000 steel wool and followed that with 0000 to get a nice polish. All of this work was done with the fretboard covered in masking tape to keep it clean. All that's left to do is apply the finish. That will happen next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment