Monday, March 5, 2012

Houston, We Have A Problem

While making a neck for one of my latest guitar builds, I discovered a knot in the middle of the back contour. For obvious reasons, I can't use it. However, I don't plan to trash it just yet. I have an idea for something special, which I will detail in a future post. In the meantime, I made another neck today.

I drilled out the surface of the knot and tried to fill it in. You can't feel it, but you can definitely see it.
This is the new neck. To get to this point from a flamed Maple blank took about 3 hours. All I have left to do is attach the fretboard and do the final sanding and shaping.

No comments:

Post a Comment