Friday, February 11, 2011

The Highline Single Cut Plan Is Now Available!


If you've always wanted to try your hand at a single cut, carved top electric guitar project, now you can. The design was inspired by the classic shape of a Les Paul, but with a tweak or two to make it unique. The cool thing is you can build it either as a flat top, or if you feel ready for the challenge, a carve top. The side view in the plan shows the carve top's profile, but you'll need some woodworking skills to generate the shape. A while back I posted an article here that explains how I make a carve top. Another cool feature is the wiring schematic. It's based around a master push/pull pot that's wired to coil tap both humbuckers.

As I write this post, I'm spraying my own version of the Highline Single Cut with multiple coats of clear lacquer. So far, it's looking pretty badass! Check out my tumblr blog for Highline Handmade Electric Guitars and Pickups for my progress on this build so far. And yes, it will be for sale once it's finished! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment