Tuesday, February 15, 2011
More Progress On My Tom Delonge Stratocaster Copy
Check out the Highline logo I "inlayed" on the headstock. First I transferred the design to the headstock. Next I used my flex shaft tool and a tiny engraving bit to carve out the logo. Then I filled the area with some slow setting epoxy mixed with the same Surf Green lacquer I used to paint the body. After the epoxy had dried, I sanded away the excess and outlined the letters with black paint. Now I have to wait for the Seymour Duncan Invader pickup to arrive so I can finish this baby off. Should make a nice graduation gift for my son!